The foundation of the family run company Schützeneder dates back to 1892. This was the era when the escalator was registered for patent, toothpaste was sold for the first time and Coca-Cola was founded. In 1892, the master shoemaker Simon Schützeneder founded a shoemaker's workshop in Mistlberg, which was still an independent municipality adjacent to Tragwein at that time. The founder had four sons, who all trained in their father's profession and gained their master's certificate.
1925 Seven years after World War I, the eldest son, master shoemaker Karl Schützeneder, bought a house on the main square in Tragwein, where he established a shoemaker's workshop. After a short time he employed some craftsmen and apprentices.
In 1965, Karl's son Willibald Schützeneder took over the company and changed the manufacturing to series production. He enlarged the workshop on the main square of Tragwein and produced shoes for the Austrian shoe retail trade.
In 1982, the company specialised in flexibly stitched uniform shoes and started to supply all Austrian public authorities and state-owned enterprises.
1991 marked a new phase, when Willibald's son Thomas Schützeneder entered the business. The production was directed to safety and professional shoes for trade, industry, the building and related trade.
In 1996 a proprietary patent was filed and obtained, which included a process for the rational production of shoes with rubber-PUR soles.
In 1998 a direct soling system for rubber-PUR was purchased to produce comfortable and extremely durable safety shoes according to the patented method. The production was automated by this measure to secure the production site of Tragwein.
From 2002 to 2003 new company premises were built on the edge of Tragwein in order to fully exploit the advantages of the new technology. Logistics and distribution were expanded correspondingly.
After having moved to the new company premises in 2003, automatisation was further intensified with three six-armed robots.
2008 The new asphalt shoe came onto the market after 2 years of development setting new standards in this range of requirements.
In 2012, a system for processing orthopaedic safety shoes was developed in cooperation with the Austrian orthopaedic specialist dealer Medwalker, which was launched under the brand name SCHÜTZE-MED. This was the starting point for the distribution of modular systems for creating orthopaedically modifiable safety shoes according to ÖNORM Z 1259.
2013 Development of a new sole generation in polyurethane and purchase of an 18 digit direct PUR-soling system for the production of light and fashionable safety shoes.
2015 Award of the Austrian national coat of arms for
extraordinary economic efforts.